Monday, August 25, 2008

Art, Pictures, Wallpaper

With my 22" LCD monitor I like to have nice desktop wallpaper to greet me everyday.
There are many sites you can get pictures from, but be careful! Many sites offer wallpaper programs that are used for malicious reasons and could result in virus infection and stealing your identity.

Of course, my list of web sites have none of these issues and are completely safe. :)

First, For MicroSoft XP users, you can download and install a program called "Wallpaper Changer" to automatically change your wallpaper background every x minutes. I have mine set to 30:

Next, browse sites and download images until you puke!
NOTE: I recommend always getting max resolution for your screen, even above what your monitor can handle. The screen changer will resize downward to fit. In the future, when you upgrade your computer, your images will have the additional detail needed.

Free High Resolution Wallpaper (link set to widescreen)
Digital Blasphemy, computer art
Blog entry on collection of wallpaper images

Great pics, all shapes, sizes, topics and many can be used for wallpaper
DeviantArt
Nasa Picture Library

I don't like Flickr, but its popular, not able to find pictures by size easily
http://www.flickr.com/

No comments: